Holland Conservation Commission
Minutes of Commission meeting held on November 14, 2006.
Present: Mary vandenBerg, Chairperson, Steven Anderstrom, Patricia Caron, Howard Fife and Rolf Hilbig. Absent: Kathleen McGrory and James Wettlaufer.
7:00 p.m. Chairperson called the meeting to order.
7:05 p.m. Minutes of Commission Meeting held on October 31, 2006 were read, accepted and will be distributed.
No meeting was held on 11-7-2006 due to elections.
7:10 p.m. Members signed:
1. The Order of Conditions for Edward Kell of 77 Sandy Beach Rd., DEP File #184-0209 for the repair of a septic system;
2. A Determination of Applicability for Vicky Stavola for the repair of a septic system at 2 Leisure Dr.
3. A Vendor Voucher paying the Republican $38.25 for Edward Kell’s Legal Ad.
7:20 p.m. Agent Howard Fife’s Report:
1. Received a phone call from Mrs. Marcucci of 11 Howlett Dr. in response to the letter sent regarding the water run-off creating the erosion problem at 7 Howlett Dr., etc. Mrs. Marcucci said she spoke with Jack Keough, Building Inspector and Brian Johnson, Highway Supervisor. She said that they are the deciding authority on storm water management and she would not come to the HCC but would accept a site visit from the HCC. A site visit is scheduled for Sunday, November 19, 2006 at 9:00 a.m.
2. A site visit of Mr. Cromack’s lake front wall repair on Lake Shore Dr. appears to be all right but that a large maple tree was cut down. Motion made to write a letter requesting that they appear before the Holland Conservation Commission to discuss the reasons why the tree was cut without prior notice to the HCC. Motion accepted by all.
3. Alice Hunt of Dug Hill Rd. was spoken to regarding contractors filling in the isolated wetland on her property on Dug Hill Rd.
7:30 p.m. The scheduled Public Hearing of a Request for Determination of Applicability for Ian Hand to repair a septic system at 8 Heritage Dr., Map R32-C-1.2 was held. Andre Cormier, Jr. presented the proposal. No abutters came. A motion to accept the project with a Negative Determination was made and approved by all. All were in favor of closing the hearing at 7:40 p.m.
Mary vandenBerg signed procedure Sheet 2006-1146 with the condition as shown on the Request for Determination.
7:50 p.m. Mr. Robert Braun of Mashapaug Rd. came in response to a letter sent regarding his operating heavy machinery on the lakebed on Island Rd. Following discussion, Mr. Braun agreed to place hay bails in front of the debris that was removed from the lakebed and spread along his and his neighbors’ property until the grass takes hold.
8:00 p.m. The scheduled Public Hearing for John Briere’s Notice of Intent to rebuild existing house at 19 Sandy Beach Rd. was held. Andre Cormier, Jr. presented the proposal. No abutters came. Following discussion, all parties were in favor of including in the Order of Conditions that 1 - “non-porous material is to be used for the patio and parking areas, and 2 - all work and improvements to Sandy Beach, Mountain Rd. and Stony Hill must be complete prior to septic system installation at 19 Sandy Beach Rd.” All were in favor of closing the hearing at 8:20 p.m.
8:45 p.m. Procedure Sheet 2006-1148 issued to Robert Patnode of 53 Mashapaug Rd., Map 12-C-2 for an emergency septic tank replacement while the lake was down was presented by Steven Bressette of Jalbert Engineering. The Plot plan was reviewed showing that appropriate erosion controls were in place. Mary vandenBerg signed the Procedure Sheet.
Motion to adjourn was made, seconded and approved by all. Meeting adjourned at 9:15 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by:
Patricia J. Caron, Secretary
Copies to: Select Board, Town Clerk, Board of Health, Planning Board, Building Inspector, Highway Surveyor, ZBA, File and HCC Chairperson~